Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

What I love to do... Basketball!


There are so many things that I like and that I enjoy doing. One of the things that I like to do is play basketball. Basketball is my favorite sport and I really enjoy playing it. When I have some free time, I like to go to the park and play a game; or sometimes I go to get some practice. Basketball is the sport that helps me be relaxed and helps to take away all the stress and anger I have. I can just play or be shooting some hoops, but as long as it is basketball related, I’d do anything. I don’t know what I would do without playing some basketball; it is the best thing and my favorite hobby; it is my life. In my junior year, I went to go tryout for basketball and I feared that I wasn’t going to get in and be part of a team. I went to practices where the coaches saw us how good our skill was. I tried my best and when there were tryouts, I tried my best. But I think that the fear that I wasn’t going to get in betrayed me because I was hoping to do very good, but instead I didn’t do as god as I wished I had done. The next day they had the list of the ones who definitely made it and although I was hoping my name was there I knew it wasn’t; I went to check and my name wasn’t there. I got sad, but the good news was that the coach announced that there will be other tryouts the following week, and so I got happy. I practiced even harder and when there were tryouts I relaxed myself and just forgot the idea that I was trying out. All I had in my mind was that I was playing a normal game but I had to give myself a push and do better. While at the tryout, I felt confident and I did give it my best, and I know it. The next day I found out that I made it to the team and I was so happy that I cried of joy. Ever since that day, my life changed because now I know and I feel confident that anything is possible if you try really hard and push yourself forward to achieve your goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment