Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

On my break...

On my 3-week vacation, I didn’t really do much. Most of my time I went to my basketball practices. I had to wake up early around 7:30am because I had practice at 9. So I would have to wake up early to get ready to go to practice. Even though I didn’t like the fact that I had to wake up early, I still liked it because I had practice. Going to practice makes me happy. It also helps me improve on things a lot better. There are some things that I am not really good with, so I practice it as much as I can until I get it right.
Something else that I did on my break was homework, which I didn’t like much. For English, I was given a 455 page book to read. Every day I had to read 30 pages and then I had to write a dialectical journal for every 30 pages. Most of my time was spent on being at home and reading. After practice, I would come home and start on my reading. Even on Christmas day, I spent almost my whole day reading. Then, I didn’t read for 3 days so I fell behind so I read everything I had to read to catch up. In one day I read about 160 pages.
Another thing I did was help my mom on Christmas Eve. After I knew I read enough, I went to go help my mom make some food. We made some tamales and fruit punch. I enjoyed helping my mom because I know that while I’m doing something, she can do something else so she won’t stress herself over the things she needs to do. After, I stayed up all night just enjoying my music that I was playing loud. Also, so I won’t be so bored, I was texting with my friend. I slept till almost 7:00am the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment